Likelihood of triggering
Triggering is possible, even from low additional loads, particularly on the indicated steep slopes (steeper than about 30 degrees). In certain situations some large, and in isolated cases very large natural avalanches are possible.
Hiking highlights in Warth-Schröcken.
"Hiking is activity for your legs and a state of mind."
(Quote by Josef Hofmiller)
In the summer Warth-Schröcken is a genuine mountain sport paradise, providing breath-taking panoramic views and is therefore the centre of attraction for activity-oriented sports fans, pleasure hikers and anyone who wants to relax. An extensive network of hiking paths proceeds through the Tannberg region, which includes the areas of Warth, Schröcken and Lech.
From easy family hikes to challenging mountain tours, providing breath-taking panoramic mountain views, you’ll find it all in Warth-Schröcken.
The main advantage in the summer is the link to Lech, which means that you get to enjoy lots of lovely hikes there too.
Use the Wanderbus too, which runs every half hour between the Hochtannbergpass in Warth, Spullersee and Formarinsee near Lech.
In our interactive hiking map you will find route descriptions and tips.
- Natural gem Körbersee - the loveliest place in Austria 2017
- Karhorn via ferrata
- Kalbelesee and Europe’s highest water divide
- The nearby Biberkopf, Widderstein and Braunarlspitze are fantastic mountain tours for fastidious Alpinists
- The Lechweg - a long-distance hiking trail in one of the last wild river landscapes in Europe and worth a visit
- Tannbergweg - In the tracks of the Walser