Likelihood of triggering
Triggering is likely, even from low additional loads, on many steep slopes (steeper than 30 degrees). In some cases, numerous large and often very large natural avalanches can be expected.
Freeriding with friends on the Arlberg.
The biggest FreerideTestival in the Alps pays a visit to Warth-Schröcken on 07. and 08. March 2020.
The ski area on the Arlberg will then once again become the venue for freeriding enthusiasts.
The FreerideTestival 2019/20 programme presented by BMW xDrive speaks for itself:
More than 40 exhibitors provide all freeride enthusiasts with the unique opportunity to test the latest equipment free of charge in perfect snow conditions, with pro freeriders there to guide you through the terrain. The ABS Airbag Lounge is located in the centre of the event area and invites you to come and chat about your freeriding experiences in a casual ambience with great music and over drinks.
Look back at the Freeride Testival Warth-Schröcken 2019.
Freeride Testival programme details.
- from 09:00 a.m. Biggest freeride equipment test in the Alps at the valley station for the Jägeralp Express - free of charge.
- 09:00 a.m. "Run Of Fame - from Warth to St. Anton and back" with Warth ski school. Meeting point is at the FreerideTestival stand in the Testival grounds.
- 09:00 a.m. Peak Performance Freeride Touring Ladies Special. Meeting point is the Peak Performance stand in the Testival grounds.
- 09:00 a.m. Guided "Arlberg Freeride Safari" with ‘Warth ski school’. Meeting point is at the ski school banner in the Testival grounds.
- From 10:00 .m. BMW xDrive shuttle - at the end of the best freeride runs, get back to the lift in comfort. More information at the BMW stand in the Testival grounds.
- 10:00 a.m. SAAC Avalanche quickie – crash course on the topic of avalanches. Meeting point is at the SAAC tent in the Testival grounds.
- 10:00 a.m. Freeride crash course for beginners and those who have a bit of experience, with Warth ski school. Meeting point is at the FreerideTestival stand in the Testival grounds.
- 10:00 a.m. Women`s Freeride Special with Warth ski school. Meeting point is at the Freeride Testival- stand in the Testival grounds.
- 1:30 p.m. SAAC Avalanche quickie – crash course on the topic of avalanches. Meeting point is at the SAAC tent in the Testival grounds.
- From 3:00 p.m. Get-together in the ABS Airbag Lounge in the Testival grounds, with music, drinks and professional athletes from ABS, BMW and Peak Performance.
- 3:00 p.m. Latest the test equipment can be returned.
Information about participation.
There is no charge for participating in the FreerideTestival. This includes: Equipment test, SAAC avalanche quickies and use of the ABS Airbag Lounge and the BMW xDrive shuttle service. There are fees payable for many Side Events .
To test equipment or take part in side events you need our Testival armband. Time spent waiting is silly (especially when there is half a metre of snow waiting for you up on the mountain), which is why we recommend that all participants register beforehand free of charge, and without obligation, via the links below. You will then get your Testival armband straight away when you get here, and at any exhibitor in the Testival grounds.
But don’t worry: Even without registering in advance you can test equipment at any time; registration is still available when you get here. Registration forms are available throughout the Testival grounds. There may however be short queues.
Participant numbers for side events are limited, which is why we recommend that you register in advance. Should side events not already be booked out beforehand, you can also register when you get here. We regret that we are unable to guarantee that there will be spaces remaining.
Another highlight is the free BMW shuttle service.
The sporty BMW X1 takes participants quickly, in comfort and safely from the end of the best freeride runs back to the lift. There are also plenty of side events waiting for you, including free safety training with our partner SAAC, or guided tours with Warth ski school. The event area is located right at the valley station for the Jägeralp Express’. Programme details will be published on an ongoing basis – just follow on Facebook.
More information here: https://freeride-testival.com/